Podcast Radio is planning to expand to the US and will set out its plan at its Podcast Futures event at NAB Show New York.
The event, which takes place on 19 October, has announced initial sessions and sponsors including the latest study into podcast ads from NuVoodoo, the value of dynamic ad insertion from Targetspot, the connected car from Xperi and the growth and power of independent podcast networks from Evergreen Podcasts.
In a keynote address, veteran radio guru Fred Jacobs from Jacobs Media will explore the intersection between podcasting and radio, hours before receiving the NAB’s National Radio Award with his brother, Paul, at the Marconi dinner.
Gerry Edwards, CEO of Podcast Radio, says: “We’ll have fresh insights into podcast consumption, monetisation, trends and technology as well as sharing details of how Podcast Radio will be growing in the US and our bold, ambitious new idea to present content in the future. It’ll be an exciting day full of unmissable content.”
The event runs from 10am to 5pm in parallel with the first day of NAB Radio Show New York at the Javits Center.
Confirmed sessions so far include:
- Targetspot – Illuminating the Value of Dynamic Ad Insertion as ways to increase brand spending in podcasts. Also a discussion about podcast creativity and what format ideas drive engagement.
- NuVoodoo – Fresh insights on habits and preferences for ads in podcasts with NuVoodoo’s Carolyn Gilbert and Leigh Jacobs outlining a fresh study of 1,700 listeners.
- Evergreen Podcasts – The Power of Independent Podcast Networks, a panel discussion moderated by Evergreen’s Chief Creative Officer David Allen Moss and SVP of Content Gerardo Orlando.
- Xperi – The Opportunities, Threats, Challenges and Expectations in the World of Connected Cars.
- Jacobs Media (keynote) – The Intersection of Podcasting and Broadcasting, exploring the synergies and frictions as well as opportunities for future collaboration.
More sessions and sponsors are due to be announced nearer to the event.
Chris Brown, NAB EVP and managing director, Global Connections and Events, says: “Podcast Radio offers an insight into the latest trends reshaping audio entertainment and the cutting-edge programming that captures audiences’ attention. We look forward to exploring this evolving form of storytelling with Podcast Radio at NAB Show New York”.