In the latest episode of Audry Talks Audio, Niklas Hildebrand, Co-Founder and COO, Audry, talked with Sharon Taylor, Managing Director at Triton Digital through Triton’s acquisition of podcast technology company, Omny Studio.
With more than 13 years of experience in the technology space, Sharon Taylor joined Triton Digital in 2019. Before that, she was CEO of Omny Studio. Taylor grew Omny Studio into one of the leading audio on-demand hosting and publishing platforms in the world.
Today, as Managing Director at Triton Digital, she remains at the helm of Omny, responsible for guiding the podcast development strategy for the company, in addition to leading the continuous advancement of the Omny Studio platform, maximizing its utility for both radio and podcast clients.
During the episode, Sharon and Niklas discuss:
- Why everything starts with finding your audience.
- Why you can’t sit back and wait for the downloads and the money to come pouring in (but what you need to do).
- Why it’s important to interact differently when you use several platforms to promote your podcast.
- And some concrete tips to improve your downloads.
In addition, Taylor shared these concrete tips for growing your podcast audience:
- If you have a bigger audience on Spotify versus Apple, then it helps you tailor the content a little bit better. If you have a larger audience on Apple, maybe you could do more editorial with their team in terms of promotions and those types of things.
- If you have more than one show, look at the overlap between listeners so that you can do cross-promotions between the shows. That’s how you build one audience into another show, that’s really important.
- If you’ve got a website, make sure to track how people are finding the website. Especially if you’ve got your own big player on the website, link it in with Google Analytics so that you can kind of get a really holistic view of all of the numbers that are coming your way.
Taylor noted: “Also remember: that you can be really successful with fewer downloads. In the end, it doesn’t matter if you have a thousand of 10,000 downloads.
“You just need to know who your audience is, form a personal relationship with them, and give them the content that they’re asking for. And then they will – if you ask them – tell their friends, rate, and review. And you will see your numbers start to grow.”
You can listen to the full interview on the audry.io website.