Sending your news to PodcastingToday
Most of our news comes from press releases issued by industry bodies, marketing departments or individuals.
We welcome news in all formats, but a quick email to email@example.com with all the important points is the best way to reach us.
We receive a lot of emails with information, so the clearer yours is, the better.
Here are a few things we love:
- News! Make sure you are sending details about something new and exciting that the rest of the industry would enjoy reading about.
- We report on new podcasts and new seasons or series of established podcasts, but not episode updates unless there’s a big story
- Receiving a few paragraphs in plain text, followed by a quote from the person or people involved and a bit of background info is usually all we need
- If your news is about a new staff hires, let us know who is being replaced and what happened to them. We like to know the full story
- Avoid using opinions or self-praising text such as award-winning, legendary, or going into too much technical detail
- If you include your Twitter username we can give you a mention in our article tweet
- Embargos! If you can plan ahead and send us your news ahead of sharing the news yourself, we can schedule a story in advance giving you more chance of appearing sooner
- Let us break your news – if you are sending your news to us first, let us know, we love an exclusive!
Images and photos
- We’d love to include photos in our stories, and an image 1000×500 pixels in png or jpg is the format we use on our site for company logos. If you can prepare your logo or photo to this size, it would help our team.
- If you have videos or audio, we’d prefer to embed this from your own channels, such as YouTube or Twitter rather than hosting ourselves
How soon will your news be on our site?
- There’s only normally one person around to post news, who are not always on duty due to other work. If you don’t hear back from us or see your story online within a few days, let us know, we won’t be offended.
If you want to get in touch for any other reason, please use our contact page.